<$BlogMetaData>

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I Dream of Africa part III

Cape Town was so stunningly beautiful, it's hard to put it into words. Thank goodness I bought a new camera before my trip and took hundreds of pictures. My pictures still don't do it justice, but they come close...

Bo-Kaap (Cape Malay)

Hout Bay

View of Hout Bay from Chapman's Peak


Lighthouse at Cape Point


Mandela's Gold
(A Bird of Paradise bred in honor of Nelson Mandela)


I also took lots of pictures of all the interesting animals we encountered during our stay...

1. Nice Kitty, 2. Lion, 3. Guinea fowl, 4. Simon's Town Penguin Colony, 5. Ostrich, 6. Duiker Island, 7. Giraffes, 8. Rainbow over the reserve, 9. Elephants, 10. Rhino, 11. Baboons, 12. Springbok


And just a short drive from Cape Town was the beautiful winelands. We spent most of our time in the Stellenbosch region, a quaint town with old Dutch architecture, sprawling vineyards, and hundreds of wine estates.









This was an amazing trip! South Africa has so much to offer...beaches, mountains, history/culture, cool wildlife, beautiful flora and great vino. I can't wait to visit again!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, what an experience! I like that you were not such an outsider that you couldn't see the beauty and community within the township. Probably your experiences in NOLA have helped towards that end. Loved your safari/wildlife pics as well...are you sure you're not a professional photographer and that this whole medical school thing isn't just a ruse :-)

5:04 PM  
Blogger Happy March said...

I found your blog through knitting. I was just scrolling down the post and thought "my goodness, that looks like CapeTown", and it was! I'm from there, and reading about it made my day.

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home