<$BlogMetaData>

Saturday, May 10, 2008

FO: Hourglass Sweater


Pattern: Hourglass sweater from Last Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson
Yarn: Malabrigo merino worsted in Pagoda
Needles: Knitpicks Options size 7
Started: November 2007 Completed: April 2008

This is my first sweater and a really enjoyable knit for me. I loved the zen of knitting stockinette in the round. I only made a few modifications to this sweater. I added a little extra length to the torso and in hindsight probably could have added a little bit more. I added a few extra increases at the bust and some extra rows of decreases at the yoke to not have the flashdance effect everyone complained about. I absolutely love this yarn! It's so soft and cozy. I'm sure I'll get lots of wear out of this when the temperature drops.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Very flattering - great fit.

8:37 AM  
Blogger urbanknitrix said...

Nice!!

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home